Conditionals Music



Conditionals are one of my favourite things to teach, probably because they are some common with native English speakers. 

An example of this is the numerous times conditional grammar structures are found in songs. This may include song titles, choruses, or in some part of the lyrics. 

Conditionals are everywhere in music. The most common two conditional forms in music are the 2nd and 3rd.

This prevelance of conditionals in music makes it valuable to use these songs with your ESL students.

Here are some of my favourite songs to help teach conditional sentences.


1st Conditional
If You Tolerate This and If You Don't Know Me


2nd Conditional

Beyonce - If I Were a Boy

Barenaked Ladies - If I Had a Million Dollars 



3rd Conditional
Should've Said No - Taylor Swift

Shoulda Woulda Coulda - Brian McKnight


What do you think? Do you have any good songs to teach conditionals? I would love to hear about them.

No comments:

Post a Comment