ESL Logic Problems - Movies
This ESL listening activity is a logic problem about movies. Read the instructions and the clues and students must discover the answer. These logic problems are easiest to solve if the students use a grid with Movies and People on the axis.
There are six people who are discussing their favourite movies. They are John, Jane, Rob, Rebecca, Brad, and Brenda. These are their favourite movies:
Pirates of the Caribbean
Use the clues to discover which person likes which movie.
1. One of the girls likes Pirates of the Caribbean the best.
2. No one whose name begins with R likes science fiction movies about space.
3. No one likes a movie that starts with the same letter as his/her name.
4. Brad and Brenda both think that Titanic is a bad movie.
5. None of the men like Pretty Woman.
6. One of the girls likes Titanic the best.
7. None of the women likes Jaws.
8. Rebeca doesn’t like Pirates of the Caribbean.
9. A man likes Spiderman the best.
10. Brad doesn’t like Spiderman.
11. Rob’s favourite movie is Jaws.
12. Rebeca hates Titanic.
John - Spiderman
Jane - Titanic
Rob - Jaws
Rebecca - Pretty Woman
Brad - Star Wars
Brenda - Pirates of the Caribbean
Here are more ESL Logic Problems.
Labels: ESL Logic Problems - Movies